DVD Review: TNA Sacrifice 2010
By Thomas Clemens
TNA Sacrifice 2010, the mega pay per view event for May 2010, emanated from the iMPACT! Zone at Universal Studios Florida. Featuring a main event pitting TNA World Heavyweight Champion Rob Van Dam against “The Phenomenal” AJ Styles, this event is slated to be the latest release from TNA Home Video and promises to be an action-packed release that is not be missed.
I recently had the pleasure of previewing this upcoming home video release and must say that this DVD is an action-packed three plus hours of enjoyment. Having previously viewed and been pleased with so many of TNA’s DVD releases, it is no surprise that the team at TNA Home Video have delivered another hit.
The DVD itself is broken down in three four categories, Play, Chapters, Bonus and Setup. This power-packed disc has it all, from the always entertaining pay per view introduction video to each match to post-match interviews and even a music video.
The card rundown is as follows:
• 3 Way Tag Team Battle – Beer Money, Inc. vs. Motor City Machine Guns vs. Team 3D
• TNA Global Championship – Rob Terry vs. Orlando Jordan
• TNA X Division Championship – Douglas Williams vs. Kazarian
• TNA Knockouts Championship vs. Career – Madison Rayne vs. Tara
• TNA Tag Team Championship – The Band (Scott Hall & Kevin Nash) vs. Ink Inc. (Jesse Neal & Shannon Moore)
• “The Monster” Abyss vs. Desmond Wolfe
• Mr. Anderson vs. “The Charismatic Enigma” Jeff Hardy
• “The Icon” Sting vs. Jeff Jarrett
• TNA World Heavyweight Championship – Rob Van Dam vs. “The Phenomenal” AJ Styles
Each of these matches has something for everyone, no matter what kind of wrestling fan you are. In the Bonus category, there is a photo gallery of outstanding in-match stills courtesy of Lee South. The photo montage is set to the music of the pay per event and is not something you want to miss.
There are also a number of post match interviews, hosted by TNA Knockout SoCal Val. Those featured in the interviews are: Motor City Machine Guns, Rob Terry, Kazarian, Madison Rayne, Eric Young, Desmond Wolfe, Mr. Anderson and “The Whole F’n Show” Rob Van Dam. The interviews, shot seemingly right after the superstars passed through the curtain backstage are candid and wildly entertaining. The music video, “Shake it Out” by Manchester Orchestra, goes to great lengths to capture the electricity and excitement felt by those live in attendance in Orlando and those who witnessed as it happened, around the globe.
With this DVD set to be release to retailer across the country on July 20th, it is with the highest recommendation that I suggest you make a trip to your local retailer and grab yourself a copy then settle in for a prime example of what makes Total Nonstop Action Wrestling so special.